SP8 0.00% 0.7¢ streamplay studio limited

Decoupling of Gold vs USDChapter 2 - Very special...

1. 227 Posts.
    Decoupling of Gold vs USD

Chapter 2 - Very special observations

The decoupling is not just an all or nothing phenomenon, instead it consists of several elements (as far as I did identify), which will be mentioned firstly. In total, it is a very complex phenomenon. In the second part of this chapter I will describe some very special observations with respect to the decoupling story and you may get crazy about - or think that I`m crazy. But there are undenyable facts, as you will see.

Elements of decoupling
    There are quantitative and qualitative elements, in addition to the most important D-Days of decoupling.
    Quantitative means, at certain days Gold rises more (in percentage) as the USD devaluates against the Euro (in percentage. Qualitative means, Gold behaves contrary to the USD: It rises, even if the USD rises against the Euro. Those days are sometimes commented by the media as being very unusual. The decoupling comes in phases - over some period of times (up to months) no decoupling may be present.

Then we have the D-Days: Gold rises nearly constantly over 24 hours, starting in the morning in Asia, running during the European time zone, continued through US-time until the next morning in Asia. So far I myself have only observed 7 of those days since May/June 2005 until now.

Why to mention these D-Days, since they occur so seldom?

Special observations
    Back in May 2005 I did notice something in the relationship between Gold and the USD which called my attention. Then, at the 1st of June I detected the first of the 7 D-Days. I immediately started international communication, but no one really paid attention. First of September another D-Day occurred and I again asked for comments of the audience - is there any systematic behind those days, will we have the next D-Day at the first of December? Again, no one paid attention. But at the 01. of Dec. 2005 we indeed got another D-Day (the third of all those observed by me).

Nothing like this did happen in 2006.

But did so in 2007 - it was again the first of Sept. and of Dec. beeing D-Days (so we had 2 years!!).

Nothing like this did happen in 2008.

But did so in 2009 - again the first/second of September (so we had another 2 years period).

Now look at your simple Gold-Chart: Since 2005 we had two major up-legs (mentioned in Chapter 1), which both exactly started at the 1st of Sept. of the related year, lasting for about 6 months, and the entire decoupling started at the first of June 2005. At the first/second September of this year another up-leg of Gold began, as everyone can clearly identify.

Crazy?

If you may sum up the D-Days just mentioned you will note that only 6 of these days were specifically listed so far.

One is missing and if I present the small story of the 7th, you may really get crazy about this story.

To be continued

transmeta

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP8 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.054M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.7¢ 0.7¢ 0.7¢ $2.047K 292.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 4279016 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 594751 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.25pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SP8 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.