OAU 0.00% 0.6¢ ora gold limited

deep diamond hole

1. 39 Posts.
    Table at back of all Ann's so far says they are drilling HQ core 63.5mm wide.

Others can correct me but in my day a really deep hole won't be HQ all he way. At some point they'll case it off and change to NQ 48mm (which is the usual DD size).

You use HQ at the top to keep the hole as straight as possible. NQ is more likely to drift to the right - like trying to control spaghetti.

Also drilling advance will slow the deeper you get as it takes longer to pull the core barrel all the way back up 500m and more, empty it and then get it back down the hole. Also delays if they have to change a bit.

So if it was ~30m a day estimated at the start of the hole, expect half that when it gets past 600m, especially if they are really trying to keep the hole as straight as possible.

I wouldn't expect them to hit the deepest (700m) part of this hole for another 10 days or even more, as they also have to take breaks for rig maintenance and OHS requirements. Or rig breakdowns, god forbid!

Reckon this TH will be assay results from the first 6 holes. After all, we know from the visuals there should be some good stuff. Unlikely to be massive sulphides though as it's all pretty shallow - holes announced so far are all pretty shallow (~50m vertical) so still pretty much in the weathering zone.

dyor

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.27M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.6¢ 0.6¢ 0.6¢ $5.5K 1M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 27546006 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 28838669 26
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.57pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.