defence housing, page-5

1. 37,700 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Hey Mike ,

I've looked at them a couple of times over the years and it seems that the deal has changed a bit over time .

At the end of the lease they used to replace carpets and repaint or words to that effect . The wording has definitely changed in that regard. Not the end of the world but it probably isn't quite as good as it was .

As Moly said , when you take out their management fees , the return is about the same as any other property .

Not sure about the contract ? I think you can on sell at any time ? At least you used to be able to.

In a couple of rural areas there was a bit of an oversupply many years ago i.e. quite a few DHA houses in the same street.

I only looked at some recently and it seemed to me that they were a bit overpriced. I'm not familiar with the areas that they were in but I reckon yhat there is a premium in the price ?

Also , they were 2 or 3 years old so someone else had got the larger benefit of the depreciation .

On the positive side , if you can get a 9 or 12 year lease with an option , it's not a bad no fuss investment as part of a portfolio or maybe for a first timer .

Unless you think property is going to crash , of course !

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.