ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

defensive takeover strategies, page-37

1. 1,215 Posts.
    Fup, in direct response to your statements below:

i believe this statement demonstrates quite a lot of the ignorance surrounding the 'carbon' debate.

Your post does nothing to change the point I was making (see below):

CO2 = carbon dioxide, a natural product of our environment no doubt, which wouldn't cause any problems except that we have done a lot to the environment which naturally absorbs CO2 so there may be an imbalance.

The above statement is incorrect. If we are have done a lot to the natural environment to absorb CO2, we are in fact cooling the planet. Also humans have been doing a lot to change our natural environment for thousands of years. We are innovative. Nature is much bigger than all of us and can cope with our changes (within reason).

Change is also a natural part of the Earth's cycle. To determine exactly what percentage man has contributed to the cycle is impossible to measure. If there is too much CO2 in the atmosphere the Earth will compensate for it by getting hotter. When there are is too little, it will get colder. There are ways we can both absorb and emit CO2. The tricky part is trying to determine or control a stable amount.

It remains simply incorrect to say a tax on CO2 or Carbon is a tax on pollution! CO2 is NOT a pollutant. It is invisible and as fup said it is a naturally occurring substance, essential for life.

Air pollution is caused by a range of other factors and substances. Forest fires for example cause air pollution. Smokey exhausts out of cars etc also. NOT CO2!

carbon tax is a tax on greenhouse gases emitted that are considered to have an effect on global warming. i hope that clears up some understanding.

Yes Fup, but The Prime Minister is misleading the public by stating this is a Tax on Pollutionin the same way the media does when they show images of water vapour exiting those wide chimneys. Media Watch always has a field day with those shots! :)

It is deceitful, like Db with his ESG agenda. :)

Why the big debate on the politics of the Carbon Tax? What does it have to do with ESG? Because it has a material affect on our economy which in turn is reflected in our share prices

International investors voted with their feet after the Carbon Tax was announced. "Silly Australians" they thought as they shook their heads, sold up and moved some of their money back offshore to de-risk their portfolios.

Can proud Australian's handle the truth?

I continue to hold out for the 50% compensation to be changed to 100%. Grant King from Origin, Santos and one of the few remaining state Labor premiers, Anna Bligh is on the case!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.