RNE 20.0% 0.6¢ renu energy limited

Proof of Concept. This is not the 'precise' answer you sought...

1. 359 Posts.
    Proof of Concept. This is not the 'precise' answer you sought NeilM, the thing is I believe it means different things to different people.
    I asked this question late last year when GDY were doing a series of Shareholder Information meetings.
    The answer was obscure then. The intent has changed over time. It was to run a generator of some size, about 10MW I think initially.
    It then seemed, as GDY's confidence grew as to the quality of the reservoir, GDY for one would not really need to go to this expense to satisfy themselves of the viability of the system in order to move on to building the HR40 (40MW) power plant as was the plan then.(and have to dispose of the expensive enough 10MW unit).
    But then there was the government to be convinced to qualify for LETDF grants! Then again Origin announced it's big farm in offer/deal. All these bodies needed some proof/reassurance to proceed.

My understanding of it is that GDY and Origin will be happy with results of the "Open Circulation Test" currently being set up.
    Given acceptable results from this 'open test' GDY will move on to the "Closed Loop Circulation Test" where Hab.1 & Hab.3 will be connected by above ground pipework through a heat exchanger for an extended period, like 24/7 for 3 weeks I think it is, maybe longer.
    Accurate measurement of the heat energy being extracted at the heat exchanger together with its stability of flow etc. can be done here.
    In the Quarterly report to end Dec.'07 recently received this is detailed on P6. This "Closed Test" rig is hoped to be commissioned in early April.
    This also provides a lot of detailed data required for fine tuning the 50MW generator plant design etc.

The "Open Circulation Test" will be sufficient for Origin's needs to finalise their investment to 30% partner.

That leaves the government's need to be satisfied the whole hot rock scheme is a viable proposition to support with grants and it has "apparently" been agreed that they would accept GDY to back up the technical proofs of concept by installing and operating a plant and actually generate power. 1MW will do.
    This is planned to commence construction in the 3rd. quarter 2008.

Most of this is on P6. of the Dec.'07 Quarterly report which, if you don't have one, can be accessed on the GDY website.

www.geodynamics.com.au

Go to Reports & Announcements > Quarterly reports.

geojac

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $4.357M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.6¢ 0.4¢ $4.406K 856.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 5274884 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 6058246 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.