GCN 0.00% 0.7¢ goconnect limited

definitive answer - settlement & cutoff date

1. 524 Posts.
    Hi Fellow GCN Enthusiasts,

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the cutoff date for P1 share applicability, GCN share buying and the associated trade time to settlement.

I have read through the GCN announcements dated the 9th Sept and the 30th Sept, and to be honest Im no closer to the truth.

An exerpt from the 30th September ANN reads"

"...Further to the advice to the ASX on 12 September 2011 regarding books closing and ex dates for
    entitlement to Priority One Network Group Ltd (“Priority One”) shares for GoConnect
    shareholders, shareholders are reminded that since October 8 and 9 are weekend days, and the ex
    entitlement is effective from the commencement of trading on Monday 10 October, 2011, investors
    who want to secure the entitlement to Priority One shares will need to have acquired and have a
    minimum of 55,000 GoConnect shares to qualify for the entitlement before the close of trading on
    the ASX on Friday 7 October 2011..."

From my perspective, it really comes down to the definition of the term "acquired".

Is this purchased, but not settled (given it takes 3 days for settlement), or do they need to be actually in your name ?

I understand furniture, Angry, Rosey and others did comment on this within another thread, but I wanted to give this some standout focus to clear the confusion im sure many (including my good self !) have !

Excelsior GCN !!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GCN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.