DEG 1.20% $1.27 de grey mining limited

Unfortunately one never knows why big transaction goes through,...

1. 41,222 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1007
    Unfortunately one never knows why big transaction goes through, I've stopped analysing volume because it just makes a lot of noises and creates all sorts of FUD in my head. It could even be cross-trade between two related/unrelated funds. It's been a long time, like many years since I looked at cross-trades, they used to have their special codes. I didn't even know Chi-x had a change of name or structure.

On a real-time basis in the past, I used to observe the bid-ask volumes to see if the bulls or bears were in control intraday but that is more for day trading. Too much hard work for very little rewards or perhaps I am just very bad at it.

Looking at the chart and making a bias is much easier than trawling through all the reports, drill holes, etc since I don't have geo experience. @gbgirl posted a video on the tricks of the industry regarding pumping out good news dressed up and catching the ignorance. The use of optimised mining flow charts is just one of many tricks including rock chip sampling and cut off grades. In fact I once came across a handheld sprectometer gun at a mining conference where I think it was catered for rock chip sampling. The GEO simply takes a trip to some prospect and points it at some outcrop and gets an instant measure.

Anyway, I am comfortable with the price action, but not so comfortable with the ugly word, Refractory gold. I know the POX or whatever additional baking methods to acid leaching are used for the extraction process and from the same video, the employed Geo will know from the metallurgy which is the "optimised" , method of extraction. The sweet spot is a cheap oil and an expensive gold price. Never say never since gold and USD are now moving in sink!

Just my 2 cents on the non tech stuff.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.27
Change
0.015(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $2.346B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.27 $1.28 $1.26 $1.129M 892.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 42610 $1.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.27 87868 45
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.47pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.28
  Change
0.015 ( 1.44 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.26 $1.28 $1.26 594349
Last updated 13.07pm 02/05/2024 ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.