DEG 1.46% $1.39 de grey mining limited

Further to the Euroz Hartley's comment We believe that De Grey...

1. 211 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 352
    Further to the Euroz Hartley's comment

We believe that De Grey is under severe risk of a takeover, particularly in the next six months, post final approvals and before the start of construction, which is scheduled for the end of 2024

the interested party is widely held to be Agnico Eagle. They have been rumoured to have done a great deal of due diligence which has extended to a site visit. To appreciate their level of interest is is worth having a look at their presentation at this year's Diggers and Dealers conference by their VP Exploration, Peter Netupsky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho76gfT4aHw

Their expansion ambitions, coupled with an extremely tight set of criteria for this expansion suggests that DeGrey might be No1 on a short list of 1.
    There could even have been discussions with DeGrey and some tentative agreement. If so, the standard escape clause is always "unless a higher offer". This could explain the reason for DeGray's recent visit to the US with 2 public presentations and who knows what else?.

Less positive is that DeGrey has not yet received Environmental approval for a mine.

Enter Ms Plibersek flushed with having successfully halted the Regis gold mine in NSW. Could she be looking for an encore to doubly impress the electorate of her inner Sydney seat?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.