SILVER 0.30% $15.25 silver futures

Hi andygloI spent nearly 6 months in UK last year. Sold my flat...

1. 1,127 Posts.

Hi andyglo

I spent nearly 6 months in UK last year. Sold my flat near Canary Wharf at the time of the riots- Lewisham to south & Hackney to north much burning,looting, some Bangladesh neighbours in flames.Scary. Some big towns on the Friday
    closed couple hours early so people could get home safely-
    no police anywhere in sight for days..

I placed an order for similar amount silver with the Brisbane dealer in Creek Street but left it as unallocated storage.At that time late 2011 there was no delay so I was very surprised you have to wait such a long time. I remember them giving me the reason why they ( unlike most) were still able to deliver on demand. I don't like home
    storage as anything can happen - Oz being the Alzheimer capital of the world. Remember one of the regular posters saying all his family silver was destroyed in a fire.
    Generally I prefer shares to physical but looking back I can see the bugs were so right about physical.

No, I don't mean the BOE hoard of silver-rather USA silver which had been accumulated from 1945 through the 60s & 70s, so was available when Fed,USA& UK killed the silver price . Frank Veneroso says Goldman was 1000(?) tons short
    & asked Brown to do the needful when gold price stubbornly stopped falling any lower.

Scarborough & Whitby in Yorkshire(Captain Cook's house) were favourites of mine and I deeply regret never having visited Betty's of Harrogate.Maybe when Zeppelins return with cabin class- Emirates Cattle Class is designed to finish off foolish ageing travellers.

Am not well up on all the permutations & combinations of CGT, VAT in UK or OZ as it gets complicated .Sticking to my shares & wee bit of physical.
    If one lives in the UK what is the best way to hold physical gold-coins or kilo lots? And where? UK residents I met seem thoroughly brainwashed about gold as a barbarian relic & afraid to hold it in ANY form even
    hardened accountants.

Am wondering how silver will weather horrors of March (allegedly before the Ides). The $33 base has held remarkably solid for the last 6 months & if world events
    cause another spike down to 27 ,as before, some will be
    doing a little bit more prospecting.

Oh, how I miss the joys of Waitrose.

Bye for now .....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SILVER (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.