CTP 7.27% 5.1¢ central petroleum limited

delay of drilling contract, page-10

1. 2,367 Posts.
    This post from honky needs to be posted again!!! anyone considering buying CTP needs to read it again - and then read it again - and then read it again!!!

I have done most of my cash on CTP but no other poor bugger needs to loose there's, as they say do your own research on John Heugh.

I was going to chuck some money back into CTP to ride the re-entry of Surprise, the low price recently seemed pretty tantalising.. however based on previous experience I made a decision to not buy back in until the SPP had been fully subscribed (as underwriting is apparently no guarantee of securing funding) Now it would seem that my reasoning was a good decision. I really recommend anybody new to this stock to not get emotionally attached to all the 'potential' CTP has and check out their track record as they are predictable as night and day. If there isnt enough interest in the SPP now on the hope of surprise1 results and all the other 'opportunities' their marketing dept has been pumping out in the last month or so, theres not going to be any increased interest by the extended closing date for this same reason - CTP have established a track record of (to put it mildly) questionable trust worthiness and people are wising up - then once the SPP fails to reach quota again at the end of the month, the underwriter (the equivalent of JH's long lost rich Nigerian uncle who only needs a thousand dollars from you to give you a share of billions) will do their magical dissapearing trick again, only this time CTP will be completely out of money and shareholders will be desperately trying to offload their holdings before the company goes insolvent, no doubt claiming that there is a big JV imminent all the way to the bottom. If on the contrary lets assume everything goes according to CTP's supposed plan - they get the money they need, they re-enter surprise, and oil is spotted gushing miles into the air by satellites in outer space etc.. I still wouldnt buy in now until after results had clearly comfirmed a commercial certainty. End of spiel :) ...just my opinion, DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
-0.004(7.27%)
Mkt cap ! $37.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.1¢ $9.557K 184.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 37777 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 16663 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.