PCL 4.76% 2.2¢ pancontinental energy nl

delays

1. 1,203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    I tried to respond to that earlier moderated post re delays but was unable to. Hence the new thread. The point I wanted to make was that it's not appropriate to assume that delay (in the absence of anything more) = anything. If fact the combination of the government process, the confused drilling results, and the commercial tensions all suggest that results are still some way off. Remember, Premier pulled out of Sunbird at the last minute knowing that they had 10B and potentially a "free" look at Sunbird before drilling a reef in 10B. BG was understandably displeased and it is not in their interest to make any information public until they have secured a rig for a 10B well and apply some pressure to Premier in return. That's how this business works. Finally, announcement of a large, commercial oil discovery will increase the cost of entry and give a leg up to competitors for nearby farmins and indeed bidding on the L8 block which looks like being included in the licencing round for the end of 2014.

So before you go jumping the gun and equating delay with failure, why not think logically about the completing position. Or complete this well-known phrase (which a former boss used to delight in annoying me with when I said I'd assumed something..."when you assume, you.....".

P.S The BoA connection makes perfect sense to me. Enlightening indeed!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.001(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $178.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.2¢ 2.0¢ $166.4K 7.916M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 1302346 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 4313302 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PCL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.