BTU 0.00% 15.0¢ bathurst resources limited

deleted from asx 200 index

1. 168 Posts.
    I have taken an extract from www.qfinance.com regarding the effect on Bathurst Resources Ltd and it's deletion from the ASX 200 index by Standard & Poor.

Conclusion
    Indexes are an essential tool for measuring financial market performance characteristics. Because there has
    been a dramatic increase in the scale of funds that directly track market indexes and relative performance
    monitoring by actively managed portfolios, gaining and maintaining membership of an “index club” is a
    critically important goal for financial executives.
    Compared to nonconstituents, firms included in market indexes have the potential for preferential access
    to capital, significantly greater research coverage in the investment community, and trading liquidity. Index
    inclusion can increase demand and stock prices. On the downside, firms excluded from indexes typically
    lose institutional ownership and can experience considerable price declines in their stocks especially in
    the short term. The case study shows how the phenomenon of index events creates substantial stock
    turnover and volatility, despite the reality that no significant changes have occurred in a company’s business
    operations.

I also think that another conclusion could be that Bank of America and Mathews Capital in particular, two of our major shareholders, could be held accountable for Bathursts Resources demise & deletion, brought about by their consistent shorting of the stock which in turn, has reduced our market capitalisation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.