"keep in mind that the so called unemployment rate is at multi...

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    "keep in mind that the so called unemployment rate is at multi decade lows in america.. watso read somewhere that in america, there are more job vacancies than people available to fill the jobs"

That's not entirely accurate watso. I think you will find that the US has a very strange way of calculating their unemployment figures and it can be deceptive. If you become unemployed for a certain amount of time, you drop off unemployment figures. I am pretty sure the unemployment figure only counts for people who are actively looking for jobs and does not take into account those who are chronically unemployed. Also, if you only work 1 hour a week but have been looking for years for work, you are counted as "employed".

In other words, there are PLENTY of people either looking or chronically unemployed that have never been counted as "unemployed" in the stats.

Perhaps that is one of the reasons why food stamps reached record numbers under the Obama administration while unemployment was relatively low. That and the fact that for the first time since the great depression, the middle class continued to fall and poverty levels remained high.

But, the unemployment rate was measured the same for previous leaders, so Trump should be measured the same. And considering I only saw a report yesterday about more disabled getting jobs, I suppose this is the upside of a strong economy.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.