It's odd that they managed to borderline misreport that...

1. 1,369 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55
    It's odd that they managed to borderline misreport that interview and the mayor.. He clearly stated that his conservative views don't fit the Nevadan Democrats positions anymore, therefore he is aligned with Republicans and is 'switching sides'. No comment on the wider party.

It boils down to 'a conservative realised his views align with Republicans, so is now openly becoming a Republican'.

He's pro-life, and pro-gun. That's something that doesn't align easily with Democrats, and therefore he'd struggle to ever win Democrat votes, but he'd also struggle to get Republican votes if they don't want to elect a Democratic mayor.

It is pretty straight forward, he's opting to not be a contradiction of his own personal views.

“It just became such that a pro-life, pro-gun, Christian such as me was finding that there was definitely no place left in this party anymore. I didn’t say that about the Democratic people, I said that about this party.”

Also, I've never really read this blog before. Why do they have so many large images? Why do they space out the text like that? The whole 'article' is 6 sentences.. It provides no background to the events, it provides no context to the story. It feels like a long twitter post? Is that how this blog usually posts? It really seems to cater to sensationalist, lowest-common-denominator, hype posts rather than actual news.
    Last edited by Stevie.K: 08/04/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.