BAL 0.00% $13.23 bellamy's australia limited

STX600, My understanding of organic is very limited - coz you...

1. 3,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 299
    STX600, My understanding of organic is very limited - coz you probably picked out that I'm not a farmer I reckon. I've cherry-picked info for doubt? I've read quite a fair bit on organic and no documents AT ALL that I've found regarding 'Aust Certified Organic' seems to tell me that 'organic' is 100% organic. Can you please help someone like me who doesn't understand what is 'organic' and point me in the right direction?

From what I read, the USA certification is much more better than the 'australian certified organic' in that it splits 'organic' into 3 categories (http://www.organic.org/home/faq):
    How do I know if something is organic?

The USDA has identified for three categories of labeling organic products:

100% Organic: Made with 100% organic ingredients

Organic: Made with at least 95% organic ingredients

Made With Organic Ingredients: Made with a minimum of 70% organic ingredients with strict restrictions on the remaining 30% including no GMOs (genetically modified organisms)

Products with less than 70% organic ingredients may list organically produced ingredients on the side panel of the package, but may not make any organic claims on the front of the package.

Is BAL's products 100% organic? I haven't read any such statement thus far - it keeps on saying 'we are certified organic' - which God knows what it really means...

My attack of BAL? Oh, presumably if my reasoning is at fault, won't BAL stand to scrutiny and if it does, I be proven misled at the beginning, and all shareholders will benefit from BAL management clarifying the situation?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.