ARU 13.2% 16.5¢ arafura rare earths ltd

demerger meeting musings

1. 8,318 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 217

Hey Guys, following read may be a tad boring for some of you traders, but worth a read for the long termers.

Firstly, WOW.... Guys hang on to your hats, it is hard to fathom how big we are going to be, it really is...

Great to catch up with Kalmsy again, and was fantastic to finally meet Pirra and Chucker. All genuinely nice people, in for the real long haul, and will also say, you just never know who you are typing to on these chat sites.

The most comforting thing for me is the talent and devotion of our current board and staff.

A.S. has pretty well put his home life on hold to get the best possible outcomes for us shareholders, and guys, believe me he is worth every cent he is getting paid, and probably more.. (Did suggest we hand him one more NUP share for his troubles..) As Pirra said, AS is off to Israel to meet with the dudes in charge of our Phosphates/U separation and then off to Europe too. 5 out of 12 nights away spent on a plane.

Kalmsy and I spent some time before the meeting at ARU HQ and AS took some time out to have a chat. Knows his minerals and lots of maps etc plastered on the walls. Didn't realise how close Jervois is to Lucy Ck. Anyway, our drilling program is set for the year, good spread across our tenements. Nice office space, nothing over the top, but professional enough to take back any OS visitors too, great boardroom table. Wont ramble too much about AS but will say, he deserves all our support, and we are fortunate to have him.

Also caught up with Gavin Lockyer, our CFO. He was spotted behind a huge pile of papers, and is currently looking after both NUP & ARU. Really nice guy, fit swimmer, although seems scared of a bit of a Nor Westerly and 3 metre swells... hehe... Once more very devoted to ARU, wealth of background in mining companies, and has to deal with ASX/ASIC protocols daily, which sounded like pulling teeth out.

The meeting was always going to be a formality and were around 50 shareholders there. Mick Muir chaired in Peters abscence and wish Peter well, poor guy has to suck his Red through a straw... Meeting went as expected, all resolutions passed easily, cant believe a few people voted against it. Anyway, the closing statement from AS was short, sharp, and oh so shiny. Very positive..

Glad we didnt vote Ian Kowalick out either, very calm, well spoken, confident person and will be very handy person in dealing with the govt in the coming months.

Had a great lunch after the meeting and AS & GL joined Kalmsy, Chucker and myself. 99% was ARU talk, as you'd expect, and there were not too many negatives. Mt Porter PER may need to be looked at closer, but no real hassles. Nolans, is going to be huge, alot of work already done on EIS side of things. More drilling coming and watch out for JV partners this year, as the last power point preso suggested.

Cant sit here too long typing, so will post further when I get home tomorrow.

Twas really worth the trip over, re-confirms my faith in the board and management and most of all the tenements we have all invested in will be world class mines one day soon.. And may not be as far away as we all think either..

Those of you that were thinking of selling out after NUP lists, good luck.. You are doing well if you can find a better investment out there, with a devoted management team. Please let me know what would be a better long term investment..

Enough for now, think I have drunk too much in the past 3 days, still, was a very important step in our co's future, the focus for me was ARU rather than NUP, but hold on to your hats, feel there may be some announcements coming up within 3 weeks that will make you think twice about selling out too soon..

Cheers TCG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
-0.025(13.2%)
Mkt cap ! $381.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 17.5¢ 16.5¢ $2.808M 16.50M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
81 2992134 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 1169481 25
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.