Anthony Watts is a former TV weatherman with no qualifications...

1. 5,145 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    Anthony Watts is a former TV weatherman with no qualifications in any scientific discipline, let alone climate science. He is funded by the Heartland Institute an extreme right wing lobby group dedicated to continued fossil fuel consumption.

The Heartland Institute is a Chicago-based free market think tank and 501(c)(3) charity that has been at the forefront of denying the scientific evidence for man-made climate change. The Heartland Institute has received at least $676,500 from ExxonMobil since 1998 but no longer discloses its funding sources. The Union of Concerned Scientists found (PDF) that “Nearly 40% of the total funds that the Heartland Institute has received from ExxonMobil since 1998 were specifically designated for climate change projects.” [1]

Wattsup web site blog has been shown repeatedly to present bogus science and ignore reputable sources. If you choose to believe what you read on Wattsup then you are irrational.

Every scientific organisation and their associated professional bodies supports the link between GHG's and global heating. If you choose to ignore the evidence in the form of peer reviewed publications then you are the one with a problem.

Climate modeling includes the effect of solar irradiance, water vapor and clouds. The models have made accurate predictions about our increasing global temperatures. If you have evidence to the contrary then you are free to present it in the scientific literature. The original OP in this thread was one such attempt, now debunked by rigorous peer review.

Your argument so far seems to be "I don't believe in AGW and because I say so that makes it true"

I notice you are a fossil fuel company investor

What else have you got?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.