BOS 0.00% 1.5¢ biosignal limited

dental breakthrough, page-6

1. 420 Posts.
    Ahhh good. So they can plug the tooth up and not worry about a new bacterial build up under the filling. I wonder what the incidence of this is? Let's find out the costs associated with this...

To quote an article:

http://www.dent-news.com/newsdetail.asp?id=759

"Oral care experts Gary Jernberg and Richard Simonsen will fund and manage their development of the Australian biotechnology company's anti-bacterials on dental devices and materials worth about $400 million a year."

and

""The products could be launched within the next few years and could potentially have a market worth of half billion (dollars)," - Michael Oredsson (ex-CEO)

ALSO IMO - These are laboratory trials. The compounds have so far struggled to maintain efficacy within the human body - take contact lenses and catheters as examples. This was due to at least in contact lenses, a buildup of protein from the natural tear film disrupting the compounds effectiveness.

HOWEVER - because the filling will be "sealed" inside the tooth, and it's aiming at preventing decay within a solid tooth environment (not the surrounding tissue) and won't be interacting with fluids etc, I personally expect it to maintain efficacy within the body during trials in peoples mouths. Time will tell. Can't get much better results at this stage though!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.