A fella decides to trek across the mid west a hundred and fifty...

1. 348 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86
    A fella decides to trek across the mid west a hundred and fifty years ago to look up his old mate. He makes camp every night and finally after three long days and nights he finally reaches his pals homestead.

He knocks on the door and a lady answers "I've come to see my old friend Chuck McKenzie" he says, to which the lady replies "I'm afraid you've missed him mas he's gone into town to get some cotton" "Ok the man says I'll be back tomorrow" The following day he calls by again "I've come to see my old friend Chuck McKenzie" he says, to which the lady again replies "I'm afraid you've missed him as he's gone into town to get some cotton" frustrated at missing him for the second time he says "Ok I'll be back tomorrow" The following day he calls by again. "I've come to see my old friend Chuck McKenzie" he says, don't tell me I bet he's gone into town to get some cotton"? to which the lady replies "I don't know how to tell you this but I'm afraid there's been an accident during the night and I'm afraid poor Chuck's been killed" She goes on "If you want to make your way up Boot Hill to the cemetery to pay your last respects" He thinks that's the least he can do so sadly makes his way up Boot Hill thinking of his old pal.

He looks amongst the tombstones to find his final resting place and after looking what seemed ages he found the burial spot. There on the tombstone the inscription read "Here lies the body of Chuck McKenzie ....... gone but not for cotton"!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.