Talking of coma, a bit off-topic. On a thread about 15 years ago...

1. 2,735 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    Talking of coma, a bit off-topic. On a thread about 15 years ago it was a very quiet and dull time, a poster commented on how quiet it was,
    and said, "I think I am going into a comma".
    I replied immediately saying " I hope you don't go into a full stop!"

Seriously though Pinto, about mental illness, it is my contention that we probably all have a threshold beyond which we may be
    susceptible.
    So many factors, Heredity, circumstance, trauma, life circumstance, (Tonights 4 Corners about a truly evil religion comes to mind, Jay Dubs).
    We can be tipped over into psychosis, catatonia, depression of varying degrees, etc.
    Some of us have for some reason just like all of the above have had a lifelong resilience, none of which we can claim superiority or blame.
    Probably simply fate.
    Closest I have come to a coma was almost daily for about ten years in my twenties on the piss, I would drink myself into one.

Never got or felt suicidal though, although I half knew I was drinking myself to death, couldn't envision any life beyond about 35y.o.
    A crisis of misery, despair and hopelessness led me to AA. 51 years sober now, Come next Anzac Day I'll be 80, and 52 years sober next
    Easter Monday, wouldn't be dead for quids.

Just watch out for that bloody comma.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.