you've had some interesting experiences there. I've had alcohol...

1. 80,797 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    you've had some interesting experiences there. I've had alcohol in my life for 2 long periods and either totally alcohol free or almost free for two long periods - the latter of which I'm in now.

It's been an interesting experience, I guess I was never addicted because I was able to give it up really easily when I wanted to - that was when I was about 35 or 36 and I had begun drinking at around 18 or 19.
    Later, when I went to Uni - I decided to drink. That too was interesting. But the most drinking I ever did was when I lived with a hellbitch.
    I noticed that when she disappeared for a week or so - that I drank too much the first night - then, zip. That was a heads up that it was a response to stress. Later, when still in the relationship I stopped - and, have had very very little since.

It's interesting lately because I would love to sit on some outside terraces and have a drink - but, grog makes me feel like crap and, I'm very fit atm, and I've wanted to try a crap diet for a while - so, about ? 6 weeks back - I went on a crap diet - which included Coke.
    So, I thought - this will be good - I can go and sit outside with the rest of the frogs and I can have a Coke --------- well, that was even worse - it's quite addictive, but, the difference in my feeling well - was dramatic - so, I ran the experiment for a month and now, I'm back on a diet that has no crap in it - took about a week to begin to feel 'normal' - the descent into feeling like crap was almost immediate - certainly by the second day.

But, now I still have a problem - I'd love to have something to drink on the terraces - but, water doesn't cut it (I will try and see if I can buy still water - the only point being the experience of sitting there) ------ mineral water, I don't like and when I want to go for a drink - I can't do coffee - too late in the day - and, the frogs have totally shit coffee anyway.

As far as depression goes - I honestly think that we know very little yet. We know even less about anhedonia - I've been wanting to read some research on anhedonia when it's not associated with mental illness ------------ yes, I've found that there are cases of it with no association - but, to see studies of those - is almost impossible to find - because as soon as you look for anything about it - you get miles of articles and mentions where it's associated with depression and the like.
    Last edited by pintohoo: 14/09/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.