"Treat The Symptoms" In my years of active work in this area it...

1. 80,779 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    "Treat The Symptoms"

In my years of active work in this area it was always apparent to me,
    that has mostly been the only way these issues are managed.
    Mainly due to cost and convenience.

Very little apart from token effort is devoted to managing the cause.
    In truth many (multifactorial) causes."

That's actually not strictly true - it may be easily seen as true - but, as a society - we do actually have a lot of preventatives in place (a lot of causes as well of course).

there's no doubt that exercise is a winner for preventing or aiding mood and depression ---

and, what we see is that many councils/governments in Oz are active in assisting and enticing people to exercise.

Bike paths and walking paths would be an example - and, one of the best examples I've seen in Oz is a gym setup in Devonport Tassie - heavily funded by council etc.

It's a class act - a very well setup place for exercise and physical fitness - and, cheap - heavily subsidized

not only are equipment and facilities top class - but, there's staff and lots of choices to be managed through right from beginner to advanced

I would say that this one facility alone would keep a hell of a lot of people out of what we call 'the health system'

so, there are actually things that we as a society provide and do before it gets to the treatment stage - which include 'medicine'

some things just aren't recognised as being to do with health

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.