Hey - DrewMichaelDo me a favour and dont cut and paste other...

1. 572 Posts.
    Hey - DrewMichael

Do me a favour and dont cut and paste other peoples words as your own!!!

Revealed: The Astonishing Truth About Chemical Imbalances

- by Chris Green

(c) Chris Green - All Rights reserved
    http://www.conqueringstress.com

If you've been told by a health professional that you are depressed because of a chemical imbalance within your brain, then you've been misled. Imbalances have never been proven to cause depression and here's why this theory is seriously flawed.

Perhaps the biggest flaw with attributing the cause of depressive illnesses to chemical imbalances is one of order. The question is: What comes first, imbalances or emotional turmoil? If we look at somebody who has just been told of the unexpected death of a loved one and who enters into depression, we can see that it isn't chemical imbalances that came first, it is the sad news that triggered the depression. If there are chemical imbalances, then you can clearly see they come AFTER the news and are therefore a SINGLE symptom.

What exactly is the nature of a chemical imbalance? If you eat too much sugar, do you experience an imbalance? How about chocolate? Smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol - will these create imbalances? And what if you land the job you've always wanted - will the resulting joy cause a chemical imbalance?

If you listen to health professionals, imbalances are the cause of depressive illnesses. But is this a one-way street? I mean, if imbalances make us unhappy, do they then by extension make us happy? For example, if I get a raise at work because I've worked really hard and my efforts have been rewarded, does the resulting feeling of elation occur because of an imbalance? And does this then mean that if I'm neither happy or unhappy, that my chemicals are balanced? I very much doubt it.

What's interesting to note is what happens to a sufferer once the antidepressants have corrected the imbalance. If they stop taking the drugs, will the imbalance occur again? If so, is it because of the drugs or is it because there is something else causing the depression? There has to be, surely. Otherwise the drugs are not addressing the root cause. And if someone who is grieving for a loved one takes an antidepressant, will this stop the grieving process? I contest not because it isn't imbalances that are causing the grieving and the sadness.

The chemical imbalance theory is too simple, too general, and has no evidence whatsoever to support it as being the cause of stress, depression or anxiety. The cause lies well away from this theory and is to be found in flawed, harmful modes of thinking that can be addressed very effectively and naturally without interfering with the delicate chemical levels within the brain.

http://www.conqueringstress.com/chemical-imbalances.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.