depression, page-60

1. 308 Posts.
    i suffered severe depression for about 3yrs at about 23 this i know for a fact was caused by drugs and alcohol i was at the stage where i had had enough,and was going to take the easy way out but i did not have the balls to do it.i was on anti depressants and relied heavily on them to the point of addiction.this depression was the lowest point in my life it was like being suck in a very deep rut which i could not get out,i lost all confidence in myself,hope,direction,used to forget alot ie where i was going and what i was doing.i tell you it was not good family and friends where pushed aside,i felt the whole world was against me and doctors where lying to me,mate i was pretty screwed up.then my wife got pregant and i started thinking i got to pull myself together,so i started praying every night for help and i am not a religious bloke but after a week or 2 i started thinking positive and getting back on track.i started setting goals for myself just small ones at the start ie wash the dishes or clothes,once these were achived i started to set bigger goals setting and acheiving these and thinking positive was how got over my own depression.now i am very much against illegal drugs but still have a few beers every day so live life,think positive,set and acheive goals regardlous if big or small,and enjoy the company of your family and friends.i look back now and i am glade i didnt have the balls to do it.i even thought about writing a book titled I THINK I AM ONLY HALF MAD.regards qldfooty

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.