CAP 6.00% 9.4¢ carpentaria resources ltd

For what it's worth, here's my take –all highly subjective and...

1. 1,023 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32

For what it's worth, here's my take –all highly subjective and only my personal view, no advice:

CAP currently has a MC of $7.7M. Cash was $2.5M as at last Quarterly, with an expected expenditure of$720k in this quarter, so I'll call that $1.8M in the kitty at the end of this quarter.

That gives us an EV of $5.9. To me that's cheap for 69.8% of Hawsons, and I've put my money where my mouth is and topped up a little today. I guess it goes back to the old truism: It's worth either a whole lot more or nothing at all.

At the moment it's dead in the water as there is no clear path forward to secure funding for the BFS, let alone a timeline, but this could change quickly. And once there's a credible pathway to fund bringing it into production, I'd expect it to fly. Personally, I'm happy to sit on my shares for a few years if I need to, but of course that raises the issue of opportunity cost - each to their own.

On top of these points, here are a few negatives and positives that strike me - in no particular order:

Negatives:

• Capex of USD 1.4 Billion to bring Hawsons to production is steep for a minnow

• Only 34% of shares held by top 20, only 2 substantial holders – lack of cornerstone / institutional investors

• I would guess that at the current rate of spending, they will need to raise capital again in the next half year - not a tempting prospect at current share price
    • Chart looks so ugly not even its mother could love it

Positives:
    • Tiny market cap for a project like this, massive upside if it's a go
    • Outstanding high-grade deposit
    • Product should be in high demand once mine is in production
    • 20 year mine life

• Good location not too far from infrastructure, which is a biggie for an iron ore deposit

• Great team

• Manageable number of shares on issue

Time will tell. All IMO, DYOR.
    Last edited by pygmyhipppo: 05/12/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.