UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

The biggest concern for this company is cash. They are burning...

1. 23 Posts.
    The biggest concern for this company is cash. They are burning cash at a rapid pace and their coffer more time than anytime now, seem low. The company talk about fiscal responsibility and the way they govern themselves to the higher caliber is disconnected from shareholder prospective. They need to balance out shareholder interest with the company interest. After selling several equity and raise cash, don't they realize how much cash they need? When there was many interest in Unilife, they should have raise cash that will give them 2-3 years worth. You always raise cash for more than you need. Now Unilife seem desperate for cash and many see this as weakness. This is not how you run a company and this part of fiscal responsibility, which they fail time and time again.

I get the part where the company want to grow, but you have to grow up responsibly. It does not seem that this company and management have the ability govern themselves in a discipline way. They are like kids, grabbing more candies than they can eat and later get sick from it. The company is sick right now. They either have to raise 2-3 years of worth cash or discipline enough to use cash on hand to last 2-3 years. They should stop spending on new R&D and manage the current contracts and save cash. Even slow down some programs if they have to. Unilife is device maker and it seem like Unilfe is producing Phase II trial drugs.

The reason why I'm in Unilife are the contracts that they have already signed. I do like the Unifill platform and the Wearable device. The Unifill is the near term and Wearable device is the future. They only need 2 devices to make them successful. Once they have the ability and time to produce them successful and once cash keep coming in, then they can grow further. The Unifill is, solid program and the wearable device is more of a hit and miss because they are mostly using it with the trial drugs. Those new complex drugs require larger dosage, therefore require a device such as the wearable device. Base on how much we could get from the wearable device, it's worth the risk.

Conclusion, shareholder interest is to have Unilife maintain enough cash on hand and be discipline on how they spent and have cash last for many years. In addition, if they need to raise cash and if they do raise cash, the cash need to last 2-3 years. Weakness in the company only make them into a time bomb.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.