SRX 1.92% 13.3¢ sierra rutile holdings limited

The debate between yourself and Cafa is terrific, so thanks to...

1. 1,122 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1155
    The debate between yourself and Cafa is terrific, so thanks to both of you.

Question: can we boil it down this way ....

If we take an Overall Survival as a proxy for PFS (which I know will not be announced until the conference, and will not be finalised until the FOXFIRE trial reports) then:

1. If you have inoperable mCRC in the liver only, the use of SIRT as a first-line therapy will lengthen OS (by at least by 3 months). Crudely, 100% of these patients die of liver cancer and if the trial sample was representative, then 60% of all mCRC patients fall in this category.

2. If you have inoperable mCRC in the liver and elsewhere AND you were going to die of liver cancer, then its a reasonable assumption that the use of SIRT as a first-line therapy would lengthen OS. Its not proved yet, but its possible that OS may be lengthened by the same amount of time as group 1 (even though at the time of death, tumors in the other parts of the body would be significantly larger). Further, if the trial sample was representative, then 75% of these patients die of liver cancer (since 90% of all mCRC patients die of liver cancer) - ie, this group represents 30% of people with mCRC.

3. If you have inoperable mCRC in the liver and elsewhere AND you were going to die of a cancer other than liver cancer, then the use of SIRT as a first-line therapy would have no impact on OS. If the trial sample was representative, then this group represents 10% of people with mCRC.

Based on my basic understanding of statistics, this 3rd group would have been enough for the trial to fail its primary end-point. Nevertheless, if the assumptions / inferences about the 2nd group are correct, then I would still expect doctors to prescribe SIRT as a first line of treatment for anyone with mCRC in the liver (regardless of whether its in the liver only).

Thoughts appreciated.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.3¢
Change
0.003(1.92%)
Mkt cap ! $57.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 14.0¢ 13.0¢ $148.0K 1.114M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 548006 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 824793 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.50pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.