ESS 0.00% 50.0¢ essential metals limited

Details of Sinclair Zone Project, page-19

1. w27
    2,464 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 758
    James,
    If you have read the annual reports by Cabot, from which you have posted this extract, you would know that Cabot have not mined any pollucite since about 2014, as the Canadian Authorities have shut the mine on safety concerns. I suspect you also know that in accordance with normal accounting practices, the profit from mining the ore is recognised at the time of mining and the ore, or caesium formate is held in stock at market price. So the current profit from the fluids division recognises none of the profit from mining. The profit is from the business of renting and cleaning the caesium formate held in stock and possibly processing some of the remaining stocks of pollucite to formate. I suggest you look at the posts from manfromgwelo just below your posts which may give you some idea of the interest in caesium formate. The game has changed since the Deepwater Horizon disaster. This well was not drilled with caesium formate fluid. It has been reliably reported that if caesium formate had been used there would not have been a blow out. It has also been reported that BP tried to buy Cabot's entire stock of caesium formate to kill the well, but Cabot refused to sell. This disaster cost BP billions of dollars and at one stage it was speculated that it might mean the demise of the Company. Cabot, about a year ago raised the price of all caesium compounds by nearly 20% and prices now are much higher than ten years ago when Cabot were making about $US50M a year from the fluid division. The game has changed in the last few years. Since Deepwater Horizon, it is unlikely any oil well drilling contract in deep water will get insurance unless caesium formate is used as the drilling fluid. The benefits of using caesium formate are only now being explored and researched. I suggest you read posts from manfromgwelo, who is John Downs, probably the foremost expert on caesium formate in the world, and who pioneered the use of caesium formate drilling fluid when working for Shell. The only doubt is the quantity and I think we have reason to be bullish on this count.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.