I must confess that I don't know much about China, but there are...

1. 5,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    I must confess that I don't know much about China, but there are a few things that I know.

First.

"Some analysts characterize 2023 as a turbulent year for Beijing and say many events that have taken place are part of the lingering effect of China’s Zero-COVID policy, which lasted almost three years.“A lot of what happened is connected to the zero-Covid strategy,” Dali Yang, an expert on Chinese politics at the University of Chicago, told VOA by phone. “Zero COVID is behind us, but the economic effect of all those policies lingers.

Second.

For quite some time there has been a question being asked by some people in some quarters and that question has been this: Is China’s Export-Oriented Growth Sustainable? Or, if you prefer, has the Chinese growth model been exhausted?

Is China’s Export-Oriented Growth Sustainable? in: Rebalancing Growth in Asia (imf.org)

Third.

Navigating China's Post-Pandemic Growth Path, the latest China Economic Update released today by the World Bank. China’s growth is projected at 5.2 percent in 2023 before slowing to 4.5 percent in 2024.

My feeling is that the images being posted in this forum under the title "Detonation 2023" are images either illustrative of what is mentioned in point 1 or of a localized closing down of an export industry or industries that have moved somewhere else, because as indicated China's growth was projected to be 5.2% for 2023.and when it comes to credibility I still believe that there is an huge gap between that of the World Bank and that of certain posters posting here.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.