GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Deutsche Bank & DSO, page-125

1. 9,022 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3870
    Haha sorry.

So MIN are just shipping straight ore hence DSO which stands for direct shipping ore.

The process of turning the straight ore into 6% spodumene concentrate ("concentrate") is the part that will vary most depending on the grades as I tried to outline above. This could vary anywhere between 8-12 tonnes of ore to produce 1 tonne of concentrate.

You then have to process the concentrate into carbonate which is the part that will as a general rule take 8 tonnes of concentrate per tonne of carbonate.

So if step 1 takes 8 tonnes and step 2 takes 8 tonnes you have a total of 64 tonnes (8 x 8) of ore to make 1 tonne of carbonate.

If step 1 takes 12 tonnes and step 2 takes 8 tonnes you have a total of 96 tonnes (12 x 8) of ore to make 1 tonne of carbonate.

Now DSO ore is selling for around US$90/tonne from my understanding. Processing costs of ore spodumene might be $150/tonne and then conversion of spodumene to Carbonate is estimated at around $2,500-$3,000.

So essentially as a minimum you have 64*$90 + 8*150 + $2,500 = $9,460. And then the intermediaries need to make money aswell. So as long as DSO exists you probably have an absolute floor price on lithium carbonate of $12,000/tonne.

This is why A/C made such a great point that DSO supports lithium prices not crushes them as DB suggested.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.