QAN 1.64% $6.18 qantas airways limited

why the big instituitional investors have not ousted the CEO and...

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    why the big instituitional investors have not ousted the CEO and BOD ?

The Qantas board is a bunch of overqualified academics who are used to the government paying for everything. I seriously doubt if they know or care about the chaos going on outside their board room.

The big institutional majority owners of Qantas are concerned only with one thing, - making money. Its obvious that the divisions of Qantas are worth a lot more than the whole, hence they are quite happy to wait for a breakup and sale, or some other plan. When it comes to big money, there is no such thing as icons, sentiment or other intangibles. Forget it. Most of the big investment banks would sell their own mother if there was few bob in it.

Anyone with even the slightest interest in the company can see that the status quo is not an option. And every day that passes without some action makes recovery more and more difficult.

1. Alan Joyce issues dire warning. Qantas board remains silent.
    2. Asks for government help. Qantas board remains silent.
    3. Government refuses any assistance. Qantas board remains silent.
    4. Opposition bans any foreign intervention. Qantas board.......
    5. At $2m per day, Qantas' cash reserve is depleting by $60m a month.
    6. Qantas board remains silent.

This is quite a ridiculous situation. I've been a market observer and student for a long time, and have seen many companies, big and small, go out backwards. I have rarely seen such inertia in a big company. Can you imagine what would happen if BHP issued the warning that Alan Joyce issued. All hell would break loose.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.18
Change
0.100(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $10.07B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.05 $6.19 $6.02 $25.94M 4.224M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12912 $6.17

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.19 29453 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.