developers sued gov to build on flood plains, page-8

1. 7,432 Posts.
    Got to go out but should clarify my point 2 about the Flood Class Action against the Water Board and State Gov't over the 2010 flood.

Now I don't know all that much about this but it appears to be based on some of these grounds.

a] Flood Victims who were NOT shown on the Flood Maps based on 1974 data raw or adjusted for Wivenhoe.

b] This group is going a Class Action against the Water Board for mis managing the Wivenhoe Flood Gates.

c] They didn't get flooded but inundated over and above flood levels by this mis management in flood mitigation

Lawyer Wrangle Extremis that'll take years to resolve.
    How about you[the Gov't] just settle the claims by negotiation ie WetMail!!

so whatgfc this is not the Gov't carrying the Devolpers Can for selling flood plain land. These are homeowners in Brisbane established for decades suburbs like Fig Tree Pocket. This particular suburb is very high tone with many riverside mansions of especially the nouveau riche.Tourists may know it from the Lone Pine Sanctuary being in it.

Anyhow it's a Kerfuffle about Dam Management NOT anything about allowing development on the Flood Plain.
    It's also just a Lawyers Scam in a lot of ways.

leave you to it

oh btw seeing as you're all mystical'n'hip whatgfc did you recognise the song my quote is from?

Cosmic maaaaaannnn it's Springsteen The River!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.