SPA 4.76% 2.0¢ spacetalk ltd

Development path, page-6

1. 1,966 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 120
    Some interesting thoughts here on an unloved thread.

My 2cents!
    You gotta remember what business you're in.
    MWR started as a business providing an SMS service to schools. This service obviously provided a needed ICT solution and has consistently made money. So maybe we are in the ICT Services business?
    Then along came Spacetalk with its app - a world leading wearable IT product for a niche market and an impressive app sold as SaaS. So maybe we are in the wearables business, or the SaaS business?
    I really don't think we are in any of those businesses. Were in the Safety business. Let me explain.
    Years ago in the USA, railway was king. It moved goods and services quickly and efficiently. Tycoons and barons made a motza on this successful business. But then along came air travel and trucking. Bit by bit the railways had their business eaten up - airlines moving people and rucks moving freight. All the way they tried to shore up their business which they understood to be the "Railway Business". But if they understood their business differently the world could be quite different today. If they understood that they were in the Transport business rather than the Railway business, those same companies would own the airlines and trucking businesses today. A somewhat simplistic parable, but you get the point. Understand the business you are in.
    If we are in the wearables business, then we should be chasing all manner of opportunities in that (at times crowded) space. If we are in the ICT services industry, why on earth were we diverted into wearables, and if we're in the SaaS business, we should be shedding our non core businesses.
    I would argue that management has a clear understanding of the business as being in the Personal Safety business. Opportunities such as Senior's watch fit this vision. So do pet trackers (though not so profitable I would think) and work place safety devices and some of the SaaS solutions alluded to by @cad1llac (which I don't profess to competently understand at this point in time) in his recent post.
    Businesses that succeed know what business they are in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
-0.001(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $9.42M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.0¢ 2.0¢ $22.62K 1.131M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 424629 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.1¢ 3580 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.25am 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.0¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 4.76 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.0¢ 2.0¢ 2.0¢ 26418
Last updated 11.13am 30/04/2024 ?
SPA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.