WDS 2.06% $27.19 woodside energy group ltd

Devil in the detail in the Govt gas price cap, page-95

1. 9,327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 845
    I'll just point out a couple of things
    Did the gas company go broke supplying China?
    Did it employ lots of Aussies?
    Did it pay tax?
    Did it supply gas to Australia?

So no aussie utility company had the balls tosihn a long term contract and instead decided to roll over spot contracts for a decade
    So do you reckon the gas producer might have been happy to get the base volume locked in so it could repay it's debt fand bget some payback for exploring , processing and transporting ags?
    Guess Australia didn't benefit from duplication of infustructure, scale of infustructure that allowed lower ecconomy of scale for all gas and more relaibility in network?

So tell me again why Aussies were paying more for their gas and ther was no other benefits?

Was it because no aussie company was prepared to do a long term contract that enabled the gas producer to actually do expansion and further exploration and all teh time have ecconomy of scale?

The person you are looking to hang is the gutless local utility company and the reason for teh price difference is the Chinese bought in bulk long into the future and guaranteed payment?

The infustructure for gas and timeline to process and store are massive and need scale to be ecconomic.

I bet you don't think that a buyer of solar energy who commits to 10 years of prodyction should get a discount but you expect a discount when you by a 24 pack of beer rather than 24 single bottles. Why is beer cheaper by the pallet - Damm I wish they would nationalise that and let me tell you it would win a lot more votes!!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.19
Change
0.550(2.06%)
Mkt cap ! $51.62B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.00 $27.39 $26.93 $199.9M 7.360M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 107736 $27.19

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.23 50 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.