brucyg, Good on you for having the courage of your...

1. 426 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49
    brucyg, Good on you for having the courage of your convictions.

You are correct in saying that it's clearly the teaching of the bible that homosexuality is wrong. Lev 18.22, I think.

While we all reflect on that, I'm thinking of selling my daughter into slavery as outlined in Exodus. What do you think a fair price would be? I caught my mother wearing garments made of two different threads. Do I have to kill her myself or can I employ someone else to do it. My brother is a cop and when he's rostered on, he works on the sabbath. Does the whole town have to witness his execution or can we keep it a small family affair...

I'd appreciate you bringing your profound theological wisdom to these questions. I've got plenty more examples of bizarre prohibitions in the Bible that no Christian would ever consider obeying. (Do you eat shellfish?)

If we can't trust the bible to get a basic and obvious moral question like slavery correct, then how the hell can you use it as a guide on anything else? Or is it just another example of religious zealots being vitally concerned about what other people do in their own bedrooms. The obvious danger is that they're having fun.....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.