GLN 2.94% 16.5¢ galan lithium limited

DFS, page-179

1. 847 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2990
    Cultural mistake I made in that post Mondy referring to the Mexicans as "Gringos" which occurred to me when I was watching "Narcos Mexico" on Netflix on Anzac day. s an aside I highly recommend all the Narcos series on Netflix as all of them ( original escobar one, cali cartel and the mexico series) are very close to the actual truth with of course a little bit of fictional spice thrown in.

In the script the mexican cartel are often calling the Americans "Gringo's". So i googled it and it's a word used by spanish speakers to refer specifically to Americans or non-latin person's in general. I have always incorrectly thought it was just a general term mexicans used to refer to themselves. I thought incorrectly it was a bit like how us Aussies sometimes call fellow Aussies "diggers". Speaking of mining, "Diggers" which is also a term we often associate with Anzacs actually had it origins here in the goldfields in WA and when those miners who went off to WW1 they took that term with them to Gallipoli and it morphed into the broader term we know today.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $78.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 17.0¢ 16.0¢ $426.5K 2.577M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 425203 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 83886 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.