DEG 3.36% $1.39 de grey mining limited

DGO takeover by Gold Road, page-107

1. 2,989 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 233
    DGO holder here, wasn't in the control of us retail holders, I would vote against the GOR offer if I could, I'm ropeable that our management have pulled the carpet out from under us at what I consider is a middling price.

As discussed here, and pretty much admitted to by DGO releases, a few big holders just want to cash out and be done with it, and too bad for the rest of us.

It's been pretty much par for the course from current DGO management since they took over, they have often only given access to SPPs to a small clique, and now they are taking a deal that suits them, when it suits them (Fitzgerald's article hints at tax benefits for them as well as GOR liquidity).

Disappointing for people like me who believed in and propped up DGO long before they came along, and who might appreciate maximizing profit in DEG via a bidding war. I asked a question once at one of their shareholder meetings a couple of years ago about performance rights for management, the tone of the answer was quite dismissive IMO...don't know why you use a public company as a vehicle if you just want to run a private venture with rich mates, without pesky retail asking silly questions?

anyway, I live in hope that some entity will step in, because I reckon GOR are making out like bandits 'paying' 3.50 worth of their own shares for all of DGO. Overall, though, management can correctly point to exceptional performance for all DGO holders, so there will be no SH revolt/activism etc.

In the end, props go to GOR, they identified that some big players in DGO want to retire with a 100 million payday sooner rather than 100 million+ payday later, and made it happen.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.