XJO 0.39% 8,013.4 s&p/asx 200

Disco Stu:The warnings I referred to was not from me or Martis...

1. 1,471 Posts.
    Disco Stu:

The warnings I referred to was not from me or Martis or any of the permabears who twaddle around trying to make a crust on any Martian induced imaginary waves in the markets.

The warnings I referred to was a swathe of material, knowledge, and experience that is abundant on this site from all contributors, bullish and bearish alike.

Yes I turned turned mildly positive with a bearish view, but that was based on past experiences. If there is one thing for certain, history may repeat itself, or it may take a new track entirely. I was never a bull outright. I do concede the markets may go up on hot air - just like how property prices sky rocket on fictitious and speculative demand.

You had published economic warnings by the governments themselves, GDP shrinking, PMI shrinking, Housing data shrinking, Consumer confidence shrinking, sovereign default threats, political instability, election debacles, sovereign downgrades, bank run rumors, Martians landing.

You have had 10 weeks of nonsense berating you about the dangers of the market.

To then go an invest in a RARE EARTH producer dependent on a Muslim faction controlled state in Malaysia, a country currently on the verge of its first political upheaval an potential government change since its Independence when you get frustrated by a 2% fall on the major indices is just sheer madness.

Martis has been proclaiming the Rapture since time immemorial. There are others who use the charts like RedBacka, and the occasional gem from Volt, who are decidedly unsure of the directions of the trends, and who are happy to keep their opinion open should the market change tack.

We may not always be right, but then again, we're not punting a rare earths producer, in an Islamic state mining on aboriginal territory, because the price quintupled in 6 months because everyone wanted an Iphone.

And not to expect volatility in times of sovereign risk from established economies is just folly. You've either been brainwashed by Julia Gillard or are Gumby in disguise if you think the world will right itself without some pain in the equity markets.

Now I need to go and rinse my mouth with turpentine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.