Di Natalie calls Barry O 'Sullivan a pig .SHY goes nuts

1. 33,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    SHY is pretty funny go to the link if the video doesn't come up. Snarling, abusing and naming her abuser's. Barry O'Sullivan does look like a creep.

Richard Di Natale suspended from Senate after calling Barry O'Sullivan a 'pig' over 'sexist filth'

BY POLITICAL REPORTER HENRY BELOTUPDATED 6 MINUTES AGO
    Email Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    VIDEO 0:27
    Greens leader suspended from Senate for calling Barry O'Sullivan a 'pig' (Photo - ABC News: Matt Roberts)

ABC NEWS
    Federal Greens leader Richard Di Natale has been suspended after refusing to withdraw his description of a Liberal senator as "a pig", accusing him of throwing "sexist filth" at colleagues.

Richard Di Natale

✔@RichardDiNatale

My comments following today's suspension from the Senate. #auspol #greens

6:15 PM - Nov 27, 2018

97 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

The language was widely condemned by senators and was eventually withdrawn by the Queensland senator, but it triggered a reflection on treatment of women in Parliament and a rare suspension.

"We have endured on this side, days of sexist filth coming from that man," Senator Di Natale said.

"He is a pig and he should consider and reflect on the standards he is adopting in this chamber."

The Greens leader refused to withdraw those remarks and said it was important he condemn the treatment of women and the tone of Federal Parliament in recent years.

"I made a commitment to all of our team that I wouldn't stand for it and that I would call it out when I saw it," Senator Di Natale said.

"No woman, in any workplace in Australia, deserves to endure the sexist language that is directed at them in the Parliament of Australia."

PHOTO Barry O'Sullivan's (right) comments were labelled "reprehensible" by Labor's Penny Wong.
    ABC NEWS: MATT ROBERTS

'You are not fit to call yourselves men'
    Labor's leader in the Senate, Penny Wong, said the suspension was "most regrettable" and Labor's decision to support it was not an endorsement of Senator O'Sullivan's comments, which she described as "reprehensible".

Two Liberal senators have told the ABC that they were "appalled" by his comments.

A senator has not been suspended since former Greens leader Bob Brown accused former prime minister John Howard of blackmail in 2003.

Space to play or pause, M to mute, left and right arrows to seek, up and down arrows for volume.

VIDEO 1:45
    Senator Hanson-Young says she is sick of hearing slurs coming from "a particular group of men".

ABC NEWS
    Senator Hanson-Young said she was thankful her leader did not withdraw his comments and described "disgusting slurs and abuse coming from a particular group in this place".

"Real men don't insult and threaten women," Senator Hanson-Young said.

"They don't slut shame them and they don't attack them and make them feel bullied in their workplace.

"I have sat in this chamber for weeks and weeks, months, and heard the disgusting slurs and attacks coming from a particular group in this place.

"I for one am sick of it … I will name you, because you are not fit to be in this chamber … you are not fit to call yourselves men."

Senator Di Natale's suspension will be lifted on Wednesday morning.

POSTED 34 MINUTES AGO

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018...ng-barry-osullivan-a-pig/10559992?pfmredir=sm

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.