MSB 3.76% $1.03 mesoblast limited

CHF program will eventually succeed and help patients suffering...

1. 132 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 67
    CHF program will eventually succeed and help patients suffering from chronic cardiac failure around the world, imo. But its a niche market, not a massive money spinner.
    I personally think management should wrap up negotiations with interested parties (assuming there is at least one!) and put their signatures on the dotted line for CHF program ASAP, even on less favourable terms than management would want. I am not asking management to give the program away like Teva did; they should try to achieve a win-win-win outcome for all shareholders, partnering pharma company and all potential patients who will benefit from mesoblast's years of research.
    I have the impression that Prof Si is a tough negotiator and a shrewd businessman. But squeezing the last cent from your future partner on the negotiating table may hinder Mesoblast from moving forward into,
    (God helps me, I am using Madam's words!), commercial sustainability. Cash flow from partnership will instantly help Mesoblast fund research on mesenchymal lineage stem cell (MLC) in Diabetes applications. I believe anti-inflammatory effects of MLC so far demonstrated are best suited to treat different inflammatory conditions (not just nephropathy) in Diabetes. If the research is shelved for cash flow reasons, our leading advantage will be eroded by other competitors. Both shareholders and diabetic patients will suffer in the end.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.03
Change
-0.040(3.76%)
Mkt cap ! $1.170B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.07 $1.07 $1.01 $13.19M 12.81M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 61090 $1.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.03 239558 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.