PER 1.35% 7.5¢ percheron therapeutics limited

I wasn’t trying to join in the “Huzzah”, just checking my...

1. 720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 210
    I wasn’t trying to join in the “Huzzah”, just checking my numbers.

I agree with Mr Learner that you using the word “hate” is an exaggeration. It categorises any criticism as being emotively “hateful”, and polarises the forum.

Anonymous forums give us less-than-biotech-CEO-qualified posters the freedom to lob grenades from behind a screen - MD must have cringed at some of the things that were said in here (if he hadn’t already given up reading the forum long ago).

Before internet chat forums, SH communication (including criticism) was concentrated to AGMs. Management and Directors probably look nostalgically back at those simpler days.

MD has done a good job imho, as mac9 says, in keeping ANP afloat. However he arguably had grown jaded by 21 years of the same role and challenges, and when does keeping afloat become an end in itself (kicking the can down the road as Upthefog refers). His preso comms style was not very interactive, not saying mine would be any better.

The company has done well to always have a few irons in the fire at any one time, to mitigate risk, but it has led to some criticism when things are left hanging with little follow-up.

Funding drug development on a shoestring is obviously not easy, especially when work is being contracted out. You can’t conservatively push the deadline out in timeline projections as the contract organisation will more than likely just take longer to do the work, and still overshoot.

The “science” of ATL1102 is good but imho probably overhyped to some degree in here and by the company (I can hear the boos). Consequently poor SP performance is often solely blamed on management and board, when imo there are many other factors at play.

As far as JG and cap raises are concerned (esp. criticism), raising capital is not easy for a junior miner or junior biotech. Everyone can see when cash is needed, so the clock ticks. It’s obviously not as simple as opportunistically liking the SP one day and doing a placement the next. Lead and co-managers to CRs need to be engaged months in advance, and they don’t like to work on a no-win-no-fee basis. Not easy and a set-up for hindsight criticism when timing is not optimal. We never know what went on as far as dead-end deal negotiations in the lead-up that never became public.

Hope we can be positive with regard JG and also hope that he doesn’t read HC.

Apologies for the length of ramble.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PER (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.5¢
Change
0.001(1.35%)
Mkt cap ! $67.61M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.7¢ 7.8¢ 7.4¢ $24.63K 325.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 142779 7.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.5¢ 8181 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PER (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.