LOM 1.41% 7.0¢ lucapa diamond company limited

diamond news, page-21

1. 4,840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 982
    agree dazzaa,
    I missed the first part of that article(2nd one)
    so this is it..

Rock Star Prices
    Colored diamond prices are reaching the stratosphere and beyond. Rapaport Magazine takes a look at colored diamond price trends over the past five years.

By Ettagale Blauer

How does one price a work of art? That is the rhetorical question posed by dealers of singular, large, fancy color diamonds. If there’s an answer, it would seem to be “anything the market will bear.” With lots of new money coming into the marketplace from freshly minted billionaires around the globe, demand is very high.
    The soaring prices are encouraged by the fact that mines continue to dole out fancy color diamonds with an eyedropper. Other than Argyle’s annual 20 million carats of browns, the supply of fancy color diamonds is tiny and likely to become even smaller as older mines produce fewer important colored diamonds.
    Unlike white diamonds, where production is relatively predictable, and where color, clarity and cut can be matched to precise price lists to determine value, the unique individuality of colored diamonds makes their pricing much more subjective. The only constant in the colored diamond market is the regular upward trend of prices.

I got a kick out of this line in particular,
    ''freshly minted billionaires around the globe''

maybe, just maybe?
    looking foreword to the ann. this week,
    should answer a lot of questions.

GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.41%)
Mkt cap ! $20.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.0¢ 7.0¢ 7.0¢ $12.35K 176.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 121431 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.1¢ 27000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.