LOM 6.15% 6.9¢ lucapa diamond company limited

diamond news, page-71

1. 2,970 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 79
    Column 1
    0 Seem's Angola is not alone it takes quite a while to get approval's in Canada as well

DOMINION DIAMOND CORPORATION FILES DEVELOPER'S ASSESSMENT REPORT FOR THE EKATI DIAMOND MINE
    2 09 November 2014
    5 Dominion Diamond Corporation has filed a Developer's Assessment Report (DAR) with the Mackenzie Valley Environmental Impact Review Board for the Jay kimberlite pipe at the Ekati diamond mine in Canada's Northwest Territories. The purpose of the DAR is to meet the requirements set out by the Review Board for the Environmental Assessment process, says Dominion.
    The Jay Project is an extension of a large, stable, and successful mining operation with the potential to extend the Ekati mine life out to approximately 2030, which is more than 10 years beyond the current closure date. The facilities required to support the development of the Jay Project and to process the kimberlite already exist at Ekati.
    The submission of the DAR is the next step in the permitting process to develop the largest diamondiferous resource in North America. Following the submission of the DAR, the analytical and hearing phases of the Environmental Assessment process are anticipated to deliver a ministerial decision in late 2015. Once this decision is issued, the water license and land-use permitting process will take, approximately, six more months, notes the miner.
    The project proposes the building of a water retention dyke following a horse-shoe shaped alignment from the shoreline out into Lac du Savage to isolate the portion of the lake overlying the Jay pipe. The dyke will be 5 kilometers long with an average water depth of 5 meters. The project timeline currently envisions that dyke construction would commence in the summer of 2016 and would continue through to 2019. De-watering and pre-stripping would then commence followed by conventional open-pit mining, with production currently expected to begin in 2020.
    A pre-feasibility study based on engineered estimates will be published before year-end, according to Dominion.
    The Jay kimberlite pipe is located in the southeastern portion of the Ekati mine property, approximately 25 kilometers south-east of the Ekati main facilities and approximately 7 kilometers to the north-east of the Misery pit, in the Lac de Gras watershed. The Jay Project is part of the Buffer Zone Joint Venture, in which the company has a 65.3 percent interest.

https://www.diamondintelligence.com/magazine/magazine.aspx?id=13182[/P]
    [/url]

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
0.004(6.15%)
Mkt cap ! $20.01M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.3¢ 6.9¢ 6.0¢ $21.00K 339.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 29332 6.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.0¢ 12125 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.