COZ 1.33% 7.6¢ commodities group limited

did any trees survive 2007, page-2

1. 266 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    - Mallees occur naturally over an extensive area of southern Australia including the low to mid rainfall agricultural regions.

- Mallees are long lived. In areas where native mallee species have been utilised for over 100 years for the production of eucalypt oil, they survive despite a 2-3 year harvesting cycle.

- The Mallee’s large lignotuber (underground stem) provides an underground carbon sink and latent buds that will rapidly sprout if the ground stem is destroyed i.e. by fire.

- Mallee root zones extend 20 to 30 metres below ground level to tap into groundwater during drought.

- Mallees grow in infertile soils, survive in extreme climate conditions and are resistant to insect and plant pathogens.

- The high oil content of the leaves makes Mallees unpalatable to introduced stock thus minimising impacts of post-establishment grazing.

CO2 Web site

Sounds like a pretty resiliant tree to me. Some good rains now and 11% rise in sp Friday with good volume. Just what I like to see.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.