"What human child would refuse the self sacrificing love of...

1. 8,407 Posts.
    "What human child would refuse the self sacrificing love of their father- a pretty hard hearted one I would say."

Actually pretty well any typical teenager will more or less do that.
    It's normal and part of detaching from the "things of childhood" and can be tough at the time especially for mothers, but usually is only temporary. Our culture is very poor at helping parents to let go of their children and embrace their grown up offspring.

Unfortunately, God apparently only begat one son and he was by all accounts abnormally special, so God didn't have the benefit of the wider experience we have down here.
    I don't blame God at all, since apparently this is His first attempt at Creation and it's unfair to expect that everything should be peachy peachy right off.

In any case, I'm sure God has a plan for those who understandably couldn't buy the various popular religious stories, that doesn't involve eternal punishment as such.

In fact I heard that with the move away from coal fired furnaces in Hell and the shortage of suitable brimstone, Satan was asked to draw up a few alternatives. Most favoured at present is to move the inhabitants of Hell up to Heaven and make them join in singing and listening to sermons from the Hillsong Christians on Mondays, the JW's Tuesdays, the Catholics on Wednesdays, the Jews on Thursdays, the Protestants Fridays, Muslims on Saturdays.
    Sundays they will have to listen to each other.

Rumour has it that when Satan suggested this to God He burst into laughter so hard that Cherubs, Seraphim and even Angels went flying in all directions and all thought a new Universe was about to be created, such was the explosive force of His Divine mirth.
    God, with tears streaming down His face, is said finally to have exclaimed "Satan my boy .. you ARE wicked !"

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.