Oh yeah by the way when Christ appeared in front of him and said...

1. 22,595 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Oh yeah by the way when Christ appeared in front of him and said to touch his wounds he said"My Lord and my GOD"- and was so convinced by the reality of Jesus God..........

The "actual" reality that came upon Thomas as the Spirit of truth shows us in the Bible.
    John 14:10-11 (Now a verse or two before these ones, it becomes very clear that Thomas was present to hear these verses 10-11),
    10. Believest thou not that I am in the Father and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself; but the Father that dwelleth in me, "he" doeth the works.
    11. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works sake.
    So we are talking more than just unity here.

A little more clarity of what this means;
    Acts 2:22 Tells us that, the miracles, wonders and signs that Jesus did, was in fact the Father doing them "through" Jesus.
    Hence as Jesus says several times in John, the Father (God Almighty) is IN me.
    That is NOT saying that Jesus is God, just that God was in him.
    The way that God was IN him was - via The Holy Spirit which is God's Spirit as He is a Spirit.
    Jesus received this Spirit without measure (John 3:34) at his baptism which is around John 1:14.

Now then, Thomas despite also having being made aware earlier that Jesus would die and be raised up in three days, either didn't believe him or doubted Jesus's words.
    Hence Thomas sees and feels Jesus and as you could imagine the likes of Thomas's thoughts - By gosh, ALL that you have previously told me (Father in me etc) is obviously true beyond doubt.
    Hence Thomas looking at Jesus (His Lord) now knows the Almighty God and Father is IN Jesus.
    So looking at Jesus, Thomas can rightfully say, my Lord referring to Jesus and my God, referring to God who is IN Jesus.

Likewise or also - The Prophesy is fulfilled/confirmed from the OT which tells us of this future one, Jesus and also says, Emmanuel = God with us = God was with us because, via His Spirit He was IN Jesus.
    I assume you feel you have the Holy Spirit IN you?
    Well,,,, that's what Jesus had but without measure, but that as you know doesn't make you God either.

So just like OT times when the cloud came over the Tent/Tabernacle and the presence of God within and they saw the Glory of God, in John 1:14 we have the same thing (new way though), as Jesus was the Tent/Tabernacle.
    The Word (God) which is Spirit (according to Jesus) dwelt, came in the flesh of Jesus.
    So that doesn't make Jesus The Word, The Almighty God and Father as Jesus himself acknowledges (God & Father) in John 20:17.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.