Did Jesus actually exist?, page-531

1. 4,015 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Hi Sandash

I forget the thread in which you asked me a few questions about the Catholic church.
    You took views raised by some one else (I think) and raised them as valid question.

1) Inverted cross - Picture of pope sitting on a chair with an inverted cross. Inverted crosses are used by satinists hence Catholics are satinists.
    I had never seen an inverted cross in any church I had been to, so I became curious as to what you were talking about. So I did what you did. I googled it. And lo and behold in the Catholic Church the inverted cross when it shown (always without a body) it represents the cross of the first pope in Peter. Who was crucified upside down. It took me 30 seconds to find that. Now you may dispute that Peter was the first pope etc etc., but that is irrelevant and another story. That is their use of the inverted cross. Nothing to do with Satan. And may I add, if you look at the proposition that is raised and the conclusion that is reached from it, then it defies logic. But I suppose that word logic is something the 7th day advents. would not know about. Let me ask you, if the logic stands, what would happen if the satanists would all of a sudden up right their crosses? Would that make all Christians satanists? Nonsense right?
    2) Ugly bent crosses on the pope's staff. I don't know what the issue here is. As far as I know the pope's staff represents the shepherd's staff. People find the cross on the staff repulsive? It is repulsive OK, but the fact is that it is a true depiction of what a crucified person would look like. The repulsiveness comes from the act of the crucifiction not what you are trying to imply.
    3) Linking the Catholic Church with interpretations of Revelations - I could give you a million different interpretations that 7 day adv. give, however, let me make it quite clear as to what I think. Relevation is a pure abomination. In my opinion, anybody who takes it seriously has no idea of what Jesus was about and I would question their sanity. I don't know how many times I have to say this. The bible tells you not to consult seers and yet we have modern day cults who adhere to Revelations before the old testament and what Jesus was about.

Hope I have addressed you queries.

Pear

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.