Did Jesus actually exist?, page-8

1. 3,979 Posts.
    While much of the information you have provided makes very good points and clearly the Bible is not the precise word of God or Jesus because time and circumstance make this impossible, the reality of Jesus tends to lie in the effect He had on people.

I doubt that a fairytale could elicit people to die horrid deaths for their belief without some basis in truth. And those who promoted the teachings of this said teacher did not gain from doing so. Most were murdered in really unpleasant ways.

So I doubt that a bunch of people over a few beers could come up with an imaginary good guy and then continue to spread their story to the extent that it got them killed. By all means question the details but I think there is enough evidence to suggest that a specific teacher had a profound effect on a small band of people who then spread these teachings far and wide. Many thousands effected by these teachings gave their lives, so clearly something was stirring even though much of the story has been rendered in a fairytale way.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.