Did Jesus actually exist?, page-25

1. 3,979 Posts.
    Jim Jones and David Koresh? You do the same for them?

What do you think? I hardly believe that this supports your argument. There are conmen, monsters and lunatics in all walks of life. They are not in the same class as the likes of Jesus or Buddha and forget the followers, I go to the Scripture and draw my own conclusions.

Seems if someone or something is 'old' - as in ancient - and they have a lot of brainwashed followers - you go all reverential and weak at the knees. Do I? I thought it was just arthritis. I did wreck my knees in motocross and trials, but it turns out my knees are stuffed because I'm brainwashed. Might not be so bad, there's a lot of shite in my brain I'd like to wash out.

All the below chaps are prophets, will you be showering them with respect and praise - No!
    Turns out that you have to think for one's self in every regard. All truth must be investigated by the individual. Never take anything at word value or accept without question the word of others.

So you may be vulnerable to these fellows, I don't know. I am not because I have a wonderful Bull Shite detector given to me by my parents and a conman is a conman regardless of if he pretends to be religious or a politician or a priest or a prophet.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.