AVR 4.53% $15.68 anteris technologies ltd

Here below Wpauls great post that got moderated.. I kept it and...

1. 3,606 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 725
    Here below Wpauls great post that got moderated..

I kept it and the one by Quacker as they are a great resource when it comes to undestanding the interim phase 2 trial results in coming months. My comment is that gennocea have set the benchmark with just over a 50% reduction in the frequency of Flairs. Hopefully AHZ can get a 100% reduction but 70 to 80% will be outstanding.

Great to be able to see the views of Julian Chick in Quackers post and welcome WPaul. Your scientific input will be most valuable.

Wpaul post hsv 5 sep.......... "My first time posting and actually the first shares that I ever purchased, so be gentle. I feel like I can shed a little light on the science aspect of vaccines, I’m a published scientific author in HIV vaccines. A therapeutic vaccine doesn't necessarily have to be curative to be therapeutic it can just mediate the virus not necessarily kill it. This is an important distinction particularly when refereeing to herpes viruses as herpes viruses infects nerve cells. The goal of the vaccine was to induce both antibody and T cell responses and the interim results already released stated that only T cells were being generated and hence the definition of therapeutic vaccine. Antibodies can provide protection prior to the virus infecting any cells and is the most important part of a prophylactic vaccine. T cells work by killing the virus infected cell, with herpes infecting nerve cells, you don’t necessarily want to kill the cell or you will have never damage and potentially very server outcomes. Interesting studies in Herpes simplex 1 (not what AHZ have been working on) showed that T cell response didn’t kill the virus but prevented the virus from killing the nerve cells. I believe this is what the therapeutic HSV-2 vaccine is based on is meditating the symptoms and consequently inhibiting the spread of the virus. A therapeutic vaccine may present even better investment opportunities as well as there is the very real potential that it will need to be given multiple times. I personally like the regenerative technology they have and continue to develop which has a lot of potential for future uses. "

Fox

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.68
Change
0.680(4.53%)
Mkt cap ! $331.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.90 $15.75 $14.85 $431.9K 28.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200 $15.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.95 300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.